The overlap of design and decorating services is inevitable in a relocation. Framing the process of relocation is best understood by viewing it from ‘finish to start’. It’s about leaving the old and moving to the new.
When coordinating a relocation, some or all of the elements–staging, interior design, decluttering, and downsizing—may be engaged. Relocating almost always includes decluttering. The move can also include staging of your existing property. Decorating services can be engaged in the new property. It is often true your existing furniture will not fit into the new home. Pre-planning on a new floor plan is essential to a smooth move—it makes no sense to move what will not fit or function—such a plan will save time and frustration. Packing, transportation and unpacking round out the stressful list of tasks needed for a move.
I can assess ALL aspects of the move and provide solutions that reduce stress and control costs.
Based on my experience in assisting with many relocations, I can reduce your stress by providing a plan that fits into a set timeline. Whether I work alongside to execute the plan or you take it upon yourself after the consultation, or after a detailed plan has been created, your move can be a more pleasant, organized experience.
An overview of how the process works:
- All my work begins with a consultation—I want to understand your situation and see your vision.
- Next, I develop a detailed plan based on that understanding, and within your budget.
- Plans are established, and can be as brief as DIY information derived from the consultation.
- A timeline is determined in which all aspects (multiple locations) are considered.
- I can purchase materials on your behalf or we can work together.
- I will provide regular updates throughout the project.
- Closure of the project is formalized with a written summary and can include, when possible, a face-to-face meeting. At that time I welcome an evaluation of the entire initiative.
Contact Anita today to get moving on your relocation decoration!